Federal Health Care Insurance Reform
In March of 2010, the federal government passed health care insurance reform.
This included the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (PPACA) signed into
law on March 23, and the Health Care and Education Reconciliation Act of 2010
signed into law on March 30. Together these bills are referred to as the
Affordable Care Act (ACA). Additional information and links are provided below to assist Floridians in understanding these new changes.
PPACA - Frequently Asked Questions
I-File Forms & Rates Search System
A Search system that allows users to search for and then download form and/or rate filings submitted by insurance companies to the Office.
To access the I-File System, click on the following link: Filing Search
Press Releases/Chart Information:
Florida Health Insurer Information:
- Department of Financial Services (consumer guides, etc.) –www.myfloridacfo.com .
- U.S. Supreme Court Ruling
- Florida-Specific Information:
- Federal Health Care Reform Information:
- Florida Health Insurance Advisory Board (FHIAB) Presentations
- August 26, 2014 - Presentation by the Office: Affordable Care Act Outcomes in Florida
- August 26, 2014 - Presentation by Brian Webb with the National Association of Insurance Commissioners: Affordable Care Act Implementation Update: Preparing 2015
- Legislative Presentations
- January 9, 2014 -
Presentation to the House Select Committee on PPACA: "Patient Protection & Affordable Care Act
(PPACA) Post - Legislative Update"
- February 18, 2013 - Presentation to the Senate Select Committee on
PPACA: "Patient Protection & Affordable Care Act (PPACA) Overview"
- January 25, 2013 - Presentation
to the House Select Committee on PPACA: "Patient Protection & Affordable Care Act (PPACA) Overview"
- Medical Loss Ratios:
- An Overview of How the Federal Law Affects Florida:
- September 2010 - Speech to the Society of Insurance Financial Management
- May 2010 - Presentation to the Florida Health Insurance Advisory Board
Search for Health Insurance